The Association for Canadian Clinical Legal Education (ACCLE) is delighted to confirm that we will be returning to Western University, Faculty of Law, for our 10th Annual Conference, happening June 12-14, 2019.
The focus of our 2019 conference is “Looking Back, Moving Forward: Future Challenges for Clinical Legal Education in Canada”. We are interested in exploring questions such as:
- How do we assess clinic performance with integrity in a world with grading curves?
- How do we manage program funding during times of austerity budgets?
- How can we practice reconciliation in our clinical and experiential education programs?
- Tech in clinical programs – what’s new and exciting?
- Gaps in the Canadian clinical landscape –what’s missing?
- How can we promote student wellness in our programs?
- Is there a uniquely Canadian approach to clinic legal education in Canada?
- What is the role of clinical legal education in a world without articling?
- What issues will influence clinical legal education in the next ten years?
ACCLE invites proposals for papers or workshops that fit within the general theme of “future challenges for clinical legal education in Canada”. We welcome participation and submissions from all legal educators, as well as professionals from other related fields. We encourage proposals for individual papers, panels or workshops. We are especially interested in proposals seeking to engage the audience in an interactive and dynamic way.
The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2019.
See the official call for proposals here.