The Association for Canadian Clinical Legal Education (ACCLE) is delighted to confirm that we will be hosting our 11th Annual Conference at the Holiday Inn – Toronto Yorkdale, happening June 3-5, 2020.
The focus of our 2020 conference is “Perseverance, Resilience, and Resistance in Canadian Clinical Legal Education”. We are interested in exploring questions such as:
- What are the ongoing and future challenges to clinical legal education in Canada and worldwide?
- In what ways do clinics and/or clinicians employ strategies of perseverance, resilience, and/or resistance?
- How can fiscal challenges provide opportunities for students to embrace modes of perseverance and resilience in pursuing access to justice for vulnerable client populations?
- Alternatively, how might narratives of resilience be damaging to clinics’ clients, students, and clinicians?
- How can community partnerships and interdisciplinary approaches facilitate new opportunities for clinics, clinicians, and law students?
- During times of fiscal challenge, how can resistance help you serve your mandate?
ACCLE invites proposals for papers or workshops that fit within the general theme of “perseverance, resilience, and resistance in Canadian clinical legal education”. We welcome participation and submissions from all legal educators, as well as professionals from other related fields. We are especially interested in proposals seeking to engage the audience in an interactive or dynamic way.
The deadline to submit is January 31, 2020.
See the official call for proposals here.